Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Creations (Day 14 of #30daysoflittlethings Challenge)

I have always been a fan of DIY projects. I don't like buying items that I know that I can make for myself. Especially when it comes to decorating or making simple beauty products. (In the picture above you can see a body scrub that I made. It is super simple to make. I will give you the recipe below.) But the reason why I love making these things on my own, is because I actually get to create them myself. I get to use my own hands, and use all the creativity that is in me and make something that I know I or someone else will love. Plus, the process of making these things is so much fun! It's even more fun when you get to do it with people you enjoy being around.

So today I am thankful for the ability to create and make new things!

VANILLA COCONUT BROWN SUGAR SCRUB RECIPE:
1/2 cup Brown Sugar
1/2 cup Coconut Oil
1/2 teaspoon Vanilla

This recipe is super simple and all you have to do is mix it all together and put it into a small mason jar. Use it while you are in the shower and rinse it off, it makes your skin feel very soft and the smell is wonderful!
(Recipe is adapted by www.treehugger.com)

The DIY projects that I love doing the most is painting canvases. I really got into it this summer, and I ended up making a bunch for people for special occasions. Here are a few that I have done:


Creating things can really get my mind off of a lot of things, so painting these canvases and making simple body scrubs are so much fun and calming, and I am thankful for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment