Friday, October 23, 2015

A Letter to My Sister

A letter to my beautiful sister, who inspires me...

Kristen,

Wow...Just thinking about it, I really can't imagine my life without you. You are a huge part of it, and because of that you are such an amazing blessing. You do SO MUCH for me that I probably don't even think twice about...sadly. You care and you love relentlessly which is so astounding.  You have always been there for me, whether it is with the stress in my life, my "boy problems",  supporting me with everything I set out to do, or just plainly loving me.

You are so beautiful, (as your little sister I have always been jealous of that), and I know that many people notice this about you. But it isn't just your outer beauty; your heart is so big and beautiful. You love and care for others, even though most of the time they can be so difficult to love (I know I'm probably one of those). Your love for Christ is so evident with everything you do. The way you pursue your relationship with God, the way you treat others, and with your attitude. I look up to you so much, and I'm thankful to have a big sister to influence me in this way.

What I am most thankful for, though, is how close we are. I love being able to have our long drawn out conversations at night. Those were always the best before you moved to college, and I still really love having them when you come home (even though at times I may seem absent-minded).  I love singing and playing the piano with you; that will always be our thing. And I just love being able to hang out with you. You are my best friend. I hope you know that.  

Thank you for everything you do, and for inspiring me. I love you SO much! Please don't ever forget that.   

Love,

Your sister, Megan.

2 comments:

  1. This is beautiful Megan :) I always wished I had a sister growing up- but I had to settle for two crazy brothers. I'm so excited to watch e and m have a relationship like you and Kristen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Olivia. :) These kind of relationships are so good. (P.S. i think that it may help if they share a room for about 15 years 😝)

      Delete