Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Safe Trips and Warm Welcomes (Day 13 of #30daysoflittlethings Challenge)

This weekend I went and visited my sister in Kearney. I was super excited that not only did I get to stay the entire weekend with her and do random things, but I was able to drive there by myself.  Now Kearney is only an hour and a half away from North Platte, but I am only 16 (soon to be 17) and that was my first time driving on the interstate on my own. When I was saying goodbye to my mom I noticed that she had gotten a little teary eyed and I asked her why, she replied "Because this is so far for you to drive on your own and you are so young!" I just smiled and I said goodbye to her for the last time and as I was walking out of the house I was wondering why it was such a big deal, but I had to realize that she was just being sentimental because her second kid is actually growing up pretty fast, and that must be very hard to see.
I have never really liked driving on the interstate, especially not at night, but it really wasn't all that bad. I arrived to Kearney safe and sound and I was able to reunite with my sister. I am thankful that God kept me safe through that trip and that he kept me awake while I was driving.  When I got to my sisters apartment, I went to my sisters friends room. Her friend, Shelbi, was gone for the weekend and she was very hospitable and allowed me to sleep in her room the two nights I was there. I was worried that I would have had to sleep on the floor or on the couch, but she was very kind in letting me stay in her room. It was also super sweet when I found that she left a little note for me, along with a few pieces of candy! What a great way of showing Christs love! I pray that I am that hospitable and kind.
So that is what I am thankful for today, safe travels and warm welcomes.

No comments:

Post a Comment