Sunday, November 1, 2015

The Quiet Times (Day One of #30daysoflittlethings Challenge)

October is already over (I can't believe how fast it came and went), and we are now in the beautiful month of November. The month that, I feel, can be overlooked by many of us because we are anticipating Christmas time in December. Most often it seems like there is really nothing to look forward to throughout the month, except for the last Thursday of the month which is Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving is holiday where family or friends usually gets together and eat more food in one day than any person should eat in a week. But Thanksgiving is so much more than that; it SHOULD be so much more than that! Thanksgiving is a time, where we are able to reflect on and acknowledge all of our blessings and the things we are thankful for.

So I have taken up a challenge. My good friend Olivia Youngs, from SimplyLiv Blog has created the #30daysoflittlethings challenge. The purpose of this challenge is to go throughout the month November and think of the little, mundane things we are thankful for that we otherwise overlook. I think it is an awesome idea. Through this, I believe, we will be able to look at and form a new appreciation for the things we forget to notice.    

Here is the first thing that I am thankful for; I just thought of it today:  I am thankful for the QUIET TIMES. There can be times, especially now, where everything feels so chaotic. As a teenager, school can be extremely frustrating and chaotic! We can be surrounded by multiple people who really are not positive influences for you throughout the day. There can be a huge amount of homework, which some of the time we don't even come close to understanding. Then we have our extra activities we get ourselves into. For me, I tend to get myself involved into too many things and I don't realize they are going to take up most of my time. Life in general can just be so rough, especially outside of school. We really just need and want to have our moments peace, where we don't have to deal with anyone and we can just be by ourselves and recharge.

That is something that is important to me. With all the chaos surrounding me, I'm too busy worrying about the things I have to deal with throughout the day. Resulting in me not acknowledging the times where I am able to have small quiet moments to myself. Those moments are so good! I love being able to relax and take a deep breath and soak it all in. I'm able to clear my mind through these little times, and focus on Jesus. I am so thankful that he gives me small amounts of peace when I go through the day. Sometimes they are hard to see or notice, but when I do, they are just what I need!

I really encourage you guys to take up this challenge and think about the little things you are thankful for, the things that you usually don't pay attention to. It is so important for us to be thankful for the blessings we are given. With this challenge I know for sure you will be able to notice things you have never noticed before.

Here's to a beautiful month full of thanksgiving!

No comments:

Post a Comment